Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Number Schmumber

So I needed some sort of push to get my ass back in gear after taking a 3 maybe 4 day hiatus due to some personal and mentally exhausting circumstances. So I woke up bright and early this morning and hopped on the scale. If the number was up then I would have to work harder. If the number was down then I would have to work harder anyway. The number was 2lbs UP! If this had been last week I would have spiraled into some kind of depression/rage and let it bother me all day, okay week. But this morning I didn't care.

I think I've come to the point where I've realized that the number is not what's important. I feel great right now, maybe its due to feeling emotionally lighter, I'm not sure. Regardless though it's fine.

My clothes fit better, I feel stronger and have more endurance when it come to cardio so I consider them all big wins. Oh and big news....I lost 2 inches in my chest! It was the only place I had the heart to measure but still. Another big win!

My next challenge is getting back into the routine of things, which I find extremely hard right now. Today for example I came to work early so that ruled out hitting the gym this morning and tonight we have an awards show to attend so that rules out hitting the gym tonight. There will also be some sort of salad/stuffed chicken/dessert combination, along with a bar at the event tonight. So that makes things tricky.

Then its off to Halifax for Mamma Mia, shopping and visiting friends. Trickier still. I'm starting to wonder if this whole balance thing is possible. If you can't find time to work out before work, during work or after work, how and when does it happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment