Monday, November 22, 2010

Epic Fail

Well. I don't know what to say. Currently, I am sitting in flannel pyjamas wearing two bathrobes and a blanket on a mini break from watching the 2007 BBC mini series of Persuasion on YouTube (as recommended by my friend Emily whose judgement on such matters should always be trusted). Why the levels of clothing? The furnace stopped working but we thought that was because we had run out of oil. Our aim was to run out of oil because we were buying a new oil tank and it is best to have them installed when the old tank is empty. As our luck would have it, the furnace did not turn off because we were out of oil, but for some other mysterious reason.

Our home has fallen into silence where the adults do not speak to each other but simply respond to the child's two word sentences. Dishes have not been done for days. There has been no heat for about 36 hours. The child did not sleep from Friday til last night when we huddled like a popsicle family in one bed. I have been working for days on end. Needless to say, exercise is not happening. I had cereal for supper and two brownies at lunch.

Adulthood, it never gets easier.

The cat is now sucking on my bathrobe.

POSITIVE: Lenore looks amazing! Visible and I mean visible difference in her size. Good for you Lenore! Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment