Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Pursuit of Health and Happiness

So like Sidney I too have had a number of sobering moments lately, they mostly involve me walking in front of a mirror and screaming “OMG who is that girl?!.” Now don’t get me wrong my weight gain didn’t happen overnight, it’s been a year of a temporary thyroid condition which for me meant having a broken metabolism and sleeping a lot, and plain and simple laziness. It is so much easier to drive everywhere instead of walking (especially in my new Ford Escape!), and to lie on the couch and watch TV instead of being physically active. Sure there are a ton of good TV shows on, but enough is enough.

So I pledge that for the next 30 days:

I will not give in to junk food or fast food (and in the rare case that I must, I will make healthier choices)

I will monitor my daily caloric intake on www.livestrong.com/myplate

I will sweat at least once a day, every day. Whether it means going to the gym, attending aerobics classes, checking out the local trails and hiking scenes...whatever! Variety will hopefully keep me from being distracted by a boring routine.

Three simple things that will hopefully lead to a lighter me. And just to state the obvious I do not think that I’ll be a new person in 30 days, but I do hope that this month leads to a second healthier month and so on, and so on and so on. And I challenge anyone that’s reading this to join us. It’s just one month, what have you got to lose? Except excess weight, stress, potential weight related health risks.........

No comments:

Post a Comment