Friday, October 29, 2010

The Half Way Epiphany

Strangely I feel good about admitting that I had a terrible week. Monday really set the tone for how things went for me and I stayed in a unstable state of mind. I also decided to make some changes.

I will no longer be tracking every morsel of food that goes into my mouth with the Daily Plate. It made me crazy! It also made me feel guilty. At one point a Granny Smith apple put me over my limit and I felt horrible. I never want to feel bad about eating an apple. That's wrong on so many levels. So I'm stopping. Calorie counting may be the right tool for some people but not for me and that's ok.

I also decided to focus on more realistic and attainable goals. I always think that I can go back to the gym after one of my hiatuses and start right back where I left off. It does not work that way. Yes, 4 months ago I was hitting the gym 5 days at week at 6am and doing an hour of cardio before a half hour of core and toning moves. I'm just not there right now. it doesn't mean I won't get there, but I think I need to realize that nothing happens overnight. Or in 2 weeks. It's going to take more time than I thought (and hoped) but if I work my way in slowly and make a commitment I can be that girl again. I can even out do that girl. i just need to be realistic so that I don't get discouraged and give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment