Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Time...

There have been a variety of humbling and sobering moments lately which have led directly to this moment. A very public, very necessary declaration to achieve weight loss. It was difficult dealing with pants I own not buttoning, but when the post baby transition pants meant to only fit for a month or so are becoming TOO SMALL, something's gotta give. It would seem that that "something" is daily binges on things such as chips and ice cream. Restaurant lunches with creamy dressings and sides of salty fries. Lying around on the couch willing snacks to levitate into my mouth... you catch my drift.

I have flirted with being overweight for the past 16 months and I have realized it is not for me. I am too vain. I liked being thin too much. I am left with no choice but to call myself out publicly for being a tad gluttonous.

My 30 day pledge:

1. NO chips
2. NO ice cream
3. three to four noon time walks on the track at the Y
4. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
5. Monitoring my daily eating on the daily plate
6. Drink more than half a glass of water a day

I have weighed and measured myself (more humbling and sobering realities) and will, at the end of 30 days, share my successes. Lenore and I will be blogging on alternate days about the successes (or failures) we have achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment