Saturday, October 23, 2010

The First Weekend/Major Hurdle

Okay so let me start by getting this off my chest right away. I did NOT get to the gym on either Friday or Saturday. And I have this horrible sense of guilt about it, which I don't quite understand.

It's not like I kicked a baby or killed a puppy, I just did't get to the gym. Life happened I suppose. There was work, there was drinking, there was the mall. Weekend stuff. Minus the beer I still managed to stay within my calorie limit but I still feel pretty horrible about not being more dedicated to some kind of exercise program.

I guess I could count elbow tipping and power shopping and running around in 3 inch stilettos. But instead I will count this as major obstacle number one and a valuable life lesson learned. Life is going to happen again next weekend so my challenge is to conquer it, and by conquer I mean working out before boozing, just to clarify.

I will also rid myself of this guilt because lets face it, there are going to be days when I just don't have the time to exercise. As long as those days don't win I should be OK, right?

So what do I do from here? I guess I take the advice of one of my favorite atheists and "offer it up to Jesus and move on".

No comments:

Post a Comment