Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Boring Post

It's 8am and my muscles are stiff and sore from my workout last night. I decided to get my ass back on track and hit the gym. It was packed. My usually quiet time of 7pm brought of lots of new and old faces, all aiming for some level of fitness.

What I learned at the gym last night is that my old trust elliptical machine has a much tougher resistance than I remembered. My legs were burning. I was dripping sweat. I couldn't really breathe. But I pushed through. Enough to survive a half hour of cardio, hit up the mats for some core and chat with a few people I haven't seen in a while. All in all it was a good time. Nothing majorly strenuous but a good first day back. I mean it's been like 3 weeks since I've seen the inside of the Y so I count last night as a victory.

I also count last night as a victory because after my gym rendezvous I still had this strange surge of energy. It had to be taken care of or I'd never get to sleep. So I popped in the Shred and hung out with JMike for another 27 minutes. And to my surprise I found level one super easy. Obviously by the time I was done my heart was racing and I looked like a hideous sweat monster, but it was soooo much easier than the times before. I've decided to give level 1 three more days and then take on level two again. I think I can handle it now. Actually I know I can handle it because last night when Jillian did her endurance rant and said that the day 5, 6, 7's should be having a way easier time by now, I was able to laugh and agree instead of screaming obscenities and wanting to punch her in the throat. So yay me for that!

I also discovered the importance of grocery shopping. Your thinking, OMG this girl is an idiot, DUH. But really by the time life slowed down enough for me to get to the grocery store I realized it had been 3 weeks since I'd been there. That is way too long! It felt nice to sweep through the aisles and throw healthy items into my cart.

And here I am. Finally back on track. Now to just tie myself to the wagon so I don't fall off again.

Oh yeah....and I promise more entertaining posts will follow in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you Lenore! Sweaty is sexy ;)
    Renee P

    ReplyDelete